Monday 19 March 2007

Phew, thats better!

What is so interesting is how ones mood and outlook can be affected by 101 different things. Working in the depths of Cornwall when the rest of my team are over 170 miles away sure makes it difficult some times. I am very lucky to work with a very supportive group of people who allowed me to explain my concerns and worries and have been brilliant supporting me throught this doldrum. Things are now getting back on track - horray !
I have rediscovered the benefits of a good nights sleep based on a mug of herbal tea/relaxing lavender bath. The sun has been out and I have been allowing myself long walks on the almost deserted beach 5 mins away from my home. And thanks to my amazing wonderful friends surrounded myself with good honest people.
The past few weeks have been busy busy busy, lots of trips for work away from Cornwall which has meant lots of time spent driving or on the train = time for relfection and a much needed kick up the arse. 6 nations rugby has given me a chance to shout and scream myself very hoarse and loving paitience from my loving family has made things back on form.

The thing with living somewhere so rural and isolated is that at times it is just that - rural and isolated. The nearest Art Gallery, live music, decent film, night out (and not going to friends with a bottle of wine) means travelling, effort and money. It's worth it once you get there (last night a trip to the pub, and then cinema to see "Perfume, the story of a murderer" was brilliant, but a 45 + minute drive). At times I crave the accessability of living somewhere more cosmopolitian and at times, I adore being able to sit in my garden in the sun drinking tea with hippy Rich or whomever pops by. This skitzophrenia I feel could well be addressed by my plans for world domination once BDFH (Bi**h Daughter from Hell) leaves and I take off on my travels.

TTFN

R

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

So glad you do travel to have nights out. Was lovely to see you and Bex last night. I think you left your hat here.
And its great you're feeling better.
Will see you Saturday.
P.S It's a new moon tonight (monday)